When it comes to pest control, the cure is extremely messy. It involves not only loss of property but a lot of hassle to clean up the clutter caused by the pests. The term ‘prevention is better than cure’ is very apt when it comes to pest infestation. There are a few things that one can do to avoid attacks by any kind of pests.
Pest Prevention Glasgow has come up with some very practical yet simple steps to avoid such a scenario
Most often than not, pests tend to hit houses during low temperature. They also crave for the warmth and the cozy just as much as we do. Pests range from bed bugs and cockroaches to rats and skunks.
Steps to prevent pest attack
- It is prudent to frequently check the perimeter and the compound to look out for signs of entry. It could be a crack in the wall or a hole in the ground. With holes as small as six inches sufficient enough for the creatures to enter, a thorough check by a professional once in four to six months is a good idea.
- Take extra care with doors and windows. Fit screens to cover all loopholes. Door sweeps and weatherstripping is a must in a place like Glasgow.
- Do not forget the vents. Place screens there as well to take care of critters.
- Garden well. Control the amount of weed regularly. Do not plant shrubs and plants too close to the walls of the house.
- There should be no junk accumulation near the walls. This junk invites pests.
While you are taking care of all entry and exit points, a few traps here and there is also sensible. That is the cure you want in case your prevention method did not work.